1. Family. It was nice seeing my parents, my brother, his wife, and their three kids, who have grown quite a bit since I last saw them 3 years ago. I have a 17 year-old nephew! Crazy.
2. Grits. Awesome. I tried having it daily.
3. Gumbo. When we were in New Orleans, I had it in every restaurant and it was different each time. Chicken gumbo. Duck and sausage gumbo. Seafood gumbo. Yum!
4. Biscuits. MUST learn to make good biscuits. I’m told the secret is pork fat. Must investigate.
5. Shrimps. I hadn’t had shrimp that good since I lived in Brazil. Shrimps were my absolutely favourite food growing up – my first food memory involves eating shrimp. Unfortunately, the shrimp here in Canada is pretty tasteless so I gave up ordering any. But in the Gulf? It may be polluted after the oil spill and all but boy oh boy they were tasty.
6. Blackened anything. I had Blackened red fish and Blackened tilapia. Tasty.
7. Did I mention grits?
8. Fish fried in a cornmeal batter. Yum.
9. Oh yeah, everyone was super friendly.
10. Beignets at Café du Monde.
11. Grits. With everything. It was heaven.
Life on Instagram
Top 10 Popular Posts
Recent Books I’ve Read
TagsBarcelona birthday Bittman blog Canada Coffee Cycling Discrimination elections Electronic gadgets Environment FIFA WORLD CUP 2006 Food harry potter Health humour Immigration iphone Joke Lists Los reyes MacBook Makeover Monday Me meme Movies olympics Països Catalans PhD Photography pobles de Catalunya Politics restaurant Ronaldinho Tom Bihn Toronto Traditions Transportation Travel Videos weather Wine Winter Weather Women Wordless Wednesday